2.22.2006

I'm So Popular!

haha...not quite. but today i did feel a little popular though. well, it started out as any normal day would and i eventually found myself at my little part time job and i was surreptitiously checking email. when i opened my account i had found an email from a potential employer with the hopefully email subject title of "designer position". i opened it and read that they would like me to come down to new york for an interview.... whoopee. ok, mind you, its not a job offer but at least now i know my slough of resume letters i sent out before i jetted to dubai at the very least got through the postal service. heh heh. but that's not the end of the story. an hour later, checking my email again (it was somewhat of a slow day), i got another email from a firm i had interviewed with in houston (it was an allright interview) saying that they would like to offer me a position "if" i was interested. interesting statement huh? haha, but whatever. i'll sort of put that in my back pocket, along with all the rest (snicker snicker). and! today i also have a second...second interview with the most impressive firm i had met with in houston. it will be over the phone so no i am not in houston, although the warmer weather does sound nice right now. it must be beautiful there. this is the firm i think i would definitely like to work for if i don't find a better situation... haha, isn't that always the case? the best until something better comes along. anyways, so right now, i have sort of four firms in the mix. sounds like a healthy number i would suppose. sure is a lot better than what i was facing at the end of undergrad, only scraping by with one job offer! my my, how much better the times are!
.
as sort of a side note, i am having a small quandrary. this firm that i had mentioned in houston that i think would be a great position in all honesty (but still hasn't given me a monetary offer... although expressing now twice that they would like to give me an offer) i think is pressuring me to figure out what i want to do. but honestly its a little too early for that. i mean, i know that business is good and everybody wants to sort of know before hand their staffing capabilities but i dunno, i'd like to explore other cities for residence. i mean, i think i have gotten over being anti-houston most definitely, but the thing is, part of me still wants to believe that i can also make a life here in the norttheast, where i have been for so long. i mean, i have been so east coast for so long that moving back to texas permanently seems foreign. but also seems so right because even though i'm east coast, i secretly like to imagine i am texan too. haha... it's the urban cowboy complex. but anyways, this firm is pressuring me to make up my mind, and finally in the phone conversation i had i basically said, you know guys, in houston, you are the best place i would want to be, but the fact of the matter is, i'm still also looking at other cities... not even just other places, but still also trying to look at other places as well. sigh, pressure pressure pressure.
.
i guess i sort of have to revisit my goals. a lot of times i have realized in my life that i am presented with an answer that does make... most... sense... and if you just choose to frame it a certain way... it makes all the sense in the world. but nonetheless i am often uncommital, always on the lookout for something potentially better. haha, it's something like relationships i guess, always looking for something better when right in front of you, you got what's bests for you. oh well, hopefully i can come to my senses soon and take the responsibility of choosing.
.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a FULL back pocket, babe. Though remember that it's the quality of the fit, not the quantity that counts. And you know what you're mamma told you -- you better shop around. CONGRATS on being discovered. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home