1.22.2006

Home Stretch

hello all. its my last week in clutch city now and it looks like it won't be a quiet one. i had my last day at work for my short littel internship on friday a few days ago and it went over without much fuss. i had a short conversation with the boss lady afterwards to sort of pick her brain about my professional life and all. i dropped a few i hope subtle hints that i'd like to work for her if, and only id, she descides to hire a registered architect onto her staff. actually, i do mean it in the best way. i had a great time at this firm and really do feel like i could learn a lot from everyone there, stuff that i actually want to learn, except the only thing is that my IDP stuff requires that my "hours" be signed off by a registered architect...which is missing at this firm. but beyond that, i tried to part as graciously as i could and probably redundantly expressed my gratitude for working with them this past three weeks. geez, i felt i should just hug the woman or something!
.
the past few days have been marked by the beginning of the job hunting season. as of so far, i have three interviews lined up with area firms, it finally dawning on me that if i am seriously considering houston as an option for after graduation, it might be good to utilize this time to look into some places. as opposed to having to come back for an interview or whatnot. anyways, i have also been perfecting my resume, my cover letter, my reference sheet, my design sheet,a nd my business card, all the little things that i just so much love to do... not. the cards are pretty snazzy looking though... haha. i have also been doing a little research on these firms, trying to figure out clever things to say during teh interview to show that i really know what i am talking about and that i am just sooooo excited to join this firm. heehee. you all know the drill.
.
i am looking forward to a little relaxing time though i hope. not that i haven't been fairly relaxed already over break. i mean, strangely enough... the schedule of wake, drive to work, work for 9 hours (1/2 day on friday) come home, eat, mess around with "tasks", and sleep by 11 or 12 so i can get 6-7 hours of sleep at least... this seeming monotony... actually is nice after a while... and dependable...or dependent? anyhow...it hasn't been to stressful and the dark circles aren't so noticeable. but it's only a few days left before i head back up north... friday's task. i should decide if i want to stay in nyc over the weekend or maybe i should just head straight to boston and recuperate some before monday starts? it's chinese new year though...i should celebrate with my whitey cracker friends. Ha!
.
a few things to wrap up other than the interviews i guess. i have been juggling in my mind if i should have a "conversation" with my parents or not. now that the reality of the "potential" for "starting my life" here in houston is becoming closer and closer... i'm begginning to realize i really can't take the luxury of the shady area i have been with my folks for the past almost seven years now. something has to be said because you know honestly, before it was easy being like 1500 miles away....to feel like you could lead two "separate" lives. but, now....i don't want to come home and have to lead that kind of experience. its not fair to me and its not fair to them. so somehow i have been throwing this thought around my brain about how to diplomaticly talk about what happens if i come back to houston... alot closer to my parents. i know i need to be able to lead my life and continue my search for the GUY i want to spend my life with... and if my folks are in same town... they will need to know that at all. I mean come on, i am not asking much am i, i didn't say they need to accept it (although it would be fantastically great if they did)... all i want is for them to acknowledge its existence. so i won't have to lie and they wouldn't have to delude themselves.
.
honesty is the best policy i think. i just have to figure out how to bring it up. i need to get it out of the way though. seven years have already been way too long.
.
speaking of the perfect guy... maybe he's look a little like this fellow...heehee. (scott speedman from the underworld movie)
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home