4.30.2007

Home Is Where the Heart Is

So just this past weekend, I had the first of three rounds of “housewarmings” I plan to have. One for friends of parents done out of Chinese tradition. One for the homo friends (and some obligatory fag hags). One for the co-workers. This past weekends’ iteration was the family friends one. It went off overall very very well I think. Not too much prep, although going out the night before the brunch time housewarming didn’t help me when I was mopping the floor at 1 AM and then arranging bagels and fruit platters out 3 AM. But, its all good. Other than burning the coffee and calling for an emergency shipment of Starbuck’s there after, everything went off without a hitch. The menu was simply but plentiful… smoked salmon with cream cheese dressing and toastettes, fruit and vegetable platters, cheesecakes, muffins, bagels, juice, and coffee. Very breakfasty and all easy from Kroger. Everyone seem to have a good time. About a dozen people showed up which was expected, although I have to say there were some laggers… coming like 2 hours late. This caused the brunch to definitely go into early dinner territory, the last guest finally leaving around 4 PM )the party was suppose to start at 11:00 AM lasting about 2 hours … I thought).
.
It was kind of funny how during this party, the women and men almost immediately split up into different conversational groups. The men on the deck sitting area and the women around the kitchen table, having cake and coffee. Haha… obviously my inclinations were towards the female chatter… oh well. I needed to stick by the coffee pot as I was about to crash any minute near the end. My parents also made it down for the housewarming so it was nice to see them again. Part of the purpose of the housewarming was to have a traditional housewarming, but part of it was also to put out into the air that I was looking for small side jobs in interior decorating. I made up a nifty little booklet of my house’s “before and afters”, which I’ll post on here as well… and also some business cards. A significant potion of the afternoon was spent buttering up the guest and making them think that I actually knew how to interior decorate. Haha, oh well… I mean, I think I have some sense of style right? Actually at the very moment I have a very small design proposal job for a friend of Mei’s…so we’ll see how that goes.
.
Anyhow, the afternoon little get together was just fabulous. And the cleaning up and organizing of my house was just fabulous. I had a strange sense on Sunday, the day after the party, of feeling…hmm… completed in a way. Although I know that once this weeks rolls in… there will be yet another housewarming… one which I’d think would be THE one, as I’m inviting “my” friends… and it will be a fabulous dinner! Heehee… even looking to rent out some tables, chairs, and china… so it will be… so fucking fabulous. Heehee.
.
Any other news, life is pretty mundane. Been getting itchy to find some hmm… companionship, but strangely still find moment where I yearn for what I use to have with Ron… and just wonder how he is, That’s what sucks about ending a relationship on a bad note… you don’t know what happens…. You lose touch. But hoping to channel that frustration into working out. Robert has lost a ridiculous amount of weight and that is definitely motivation enough for a competition driven Aries like myself to shed the extra baggage. Also just looking good at Ptown is reward enough… and having a fabulous dinner there!
.
Some before and after pics.
.
.
.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home