5.07.2007

Housewarming Part Deux


.
Housewarming #2 occurred this past Saturday, and my was it a doozy. To prepare that is, the actual event went off… fabulously, although unfortunately my guest roster was decimated by four people being unable to come last minute (this was significant since only 10 people were there to begin with). Never the less, it was very fun… and it was just more food and space for everyone! A LOT of prep went into this one… starting the Wednesday before the Saturday event to buy most of the ingredients from duckling to greek seasoning to oregano to kalamata olives to margarita mix… haha. A two hour adventure. Thursday was a little bit of a rest, just chopping vegetables and other minor food prep items. Then Friday, immediately after work was putting up this temporary canopy structure over the deck (that is new by the way… oh yes… the picture will also show the backyard changes….. just imagine that none of what you see except the house and the big magnolia tree was there before… the deck, all the landscaping… is new…. This is why I am busy and why I have no social life… haha!) Friday night also started making the chicken dish and spreading candle arrangements all over the house.
.
The day of the event I had to wake up a little early and finish up the first design proposal for my little side interior decorating job… which I found out today she wants to do when she gets back from a trip… guess she liked it. Whoopee. Anyways, after some work time in the office, came back and cleaned the yard of the layer of magnolia leaves on the ground….sheesh! you walk away for half and hour and there’s a scores more leaves on the ground… ahhh! Then about two o clock started really cooking… putting the duck in, setting up the table, making the salon Wellington, putting in the ribs, making sweet mash potatoes, green beans, etc etc. People began showing up pretty much as expected… about an hour late. And you know.. overall … it was really fun. As a host, I was able to actually mingle and also serve and clean up after…. People seem pretty self sufficient… I just had to keep their drinks filled and nibbles on hand… haha. By the time everyone cleared out about 2AM, I had actually cleared away the plates and put them all in the dishwasher and the countertops were all wiped down. It was actually pretty cool… of course, I had a bit of alcohol running in me and I didn’t really feel how tired I was… until the next day. Haha.
.
The day after had to finish the proposal, and then told my cousin that I’d go watch Spiderman 3 with her… which was fun… I think the movie would have been better if I had more energy… but I think the movie was pretty good.
.
Oh by the way, my housewarming gifts… not too shabby…. Two wanted kitchen appliances… a rice cooker and a super cool red stainless steel microwave… a gift card… and… this was a surprise…. A copper fire pit. THAT was pretty sweet and it fits perfectly in my yard. Ok… here some pictures… oh by the way… I joined up on this “rate my space” site on HGTV.com… go check out my spaces and comment… and help bring up my score by giving me 5 stars… haha! Go to HGTV.com…and under the “decorating” tab.. go to Rate my Space… then search for “designjunkie28” in the search box and it will bring up all my spaces. Haha… enjoy!
.
Pictures of the new backyard landscaping... the deck canopy is temp... but if it last for a while... i may design a more permanent installation.
.
.
pictures of the housewarming dinner set up. is it not... FABULOUS! ** flick wrist** ;-)
.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home