11.30.2005

Sometimes a Cigar Is Just a Cigar

ok, so i have gotten some criticisms from my faithful readers that my blog entries are tooo long. well, let's just say this. as far as i can accommodate my "public", i'll try to be as succint as possible. but i've got to say that sometimes this blog is less about "reporting" my life and more about trying to "understand" my life, from my own perspective...and only that, unless i am making the effort to pretend to be someone else. ultimately, you my beloved reader, have to realize that here in this blog, is a space in my life where i CAN be completely self-absorbed. in real life, such self-concern is quite a faux-pas and against my southern raised sense of courtesy and modesty. so if you are like...so over... reading about my self-absorbment... feel free to just skim the entry. or simply choose not to read it. i won't be offended trust me. but i do hope that in the verbosity, maybe you'll pick up some kernels of insight, causing you to sit back, and think... man, i know what the fuck he's talking about... and yeah, that some serious shit. just pretend your one of the 49 gold rushers... you got to pan through lots of schlop to find them nuggets. and i have no intention on submitting these tales for the nobel.
.
that said, a "quick" note about my fun evening. i went to a "cigar bar" with chris this evening. it was a first one for me, that is smoking a cigar. really no joke, well... there was that one time in college where i tried to smoke one of those silly flavored cigarillos you buy at 7 eleven, but i am sure that doesn't really count. anyways, after some finagling, i got the hang of it although i still am no connosuer or expert at smoke rings. it' sort of like smoking a cigarette for over an hour, without inhaling. the whole "huffing" part i had to get use to, at first i thought i was sucking on a baby bottle... you know that whole pursed lips bop bop bop action. but it was good eventually. i can't really say the cigar itself was all... THAT. i mean, it was fine. the ambience was nice, very chill. and chris is always good for conversation. our drivel ran from a comparative look at christianism vs buddhism to the global tragedy of HIV to the video game market. fun times indeed. the only draw back i realized, is that once you actually got outside, you realized that you and your clothes... smell like ass! not wearing this jacket tomorrow.
.
it has been an odd return back to school. its odd, its only three short weeks before christmas break and someone, i guess i should be feeling all hard core and everything about school and especially studio... but honestly... i'm not. i mean come on, i intend to utilize my ridiculously cheap jet blue ticket to new york the coming two weekends. haha... i really hope i can do it. i mean, its no biggie financially if i don't but just the idea of going away for the "weekend" to new york, hmm... has kind of jet setting appeal to it. might as well indulge if i can. that is the goal, but if i feel like i really can't, sorry reader... won't be a hot weekend entry to write about. booo hooo.
.
speaking about self-absorbment... what about a cutesey self-poised picture. joys of a digital camera. :-). oh and i have to put a link to the funny... yet tragic story... about the girl who died after kissing her boyfriend... she had peanut allergies... he had just chomped on a delcious peanut butter snack. talk about the kiss of death... umm hum.
.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051128/ap_on_re_ca/canada_deadly_kiss
.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah..my dress coat was rank, but I had to wear it to work lest I froze on my walk to the subway. I really almost apologized to the people I sat next to on the subway Thursday. I think the smell has finally gone away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home